One-to-One Interview Coaching
Medical School Application and Interview – One-to-One Coaching
- Face-to-face, telephone and Skype options available
- Tailored to your individual needs
- Experienced coaches
- Tailored to the medical schools you're applying to
We agree a date and time and whether a telephone, Skype or one-to-one sessions is required. Payment is required in advance to cover the preparatory work we will put into your coaching session.
How our one to one coaching sessions work
The session lasts 2 hours and is tailored specifically to your needs based on your personal statement, the medical schools you’re applying to and any areas of weakness or concern you identify.
The process typically occurs as follows:
Preparing for the Session
Once the session is booked we will ask you to send us your personal statement, details of your medical school choices and any concerns, strenghts and weaknesses you want to cover so that your coach can prepare for your session and tailor it to your needs.
The One to One Coaching Session
Sessions will differ for each candidate because they are tailored to your individual needs but a typical session might look like this:
- 5 mins: setting the agenda for the session - your previous interview experience, any areas you are particularly concerned about, and any topics you want to cover
- 10 mins: an initial mock interview to assess your strenghts and weaknesses and your own reaction to simulated interview conditions. This provides a baseline for you and your coach so you can see where you need to improve and gives you a benchmark to measure your improvement later
- 45 mins: work on your areas of concern and weakness and areas noted by your coach in the initial mock interview. This includes teaching of key interview techniques and frameworks to help you structure your answers and respond more confidently
- 45 mins: further mock interview practice allowing you to put into practice the skills and knowledge covered in the previous part of the session
- 15 mins: feedback from your coach with an opportunity for you to ask any outstanding questions and address any outstanding concerns
Telephone Coaching Session £199
Skype Coaching Session £199
Face-to-Face Coaching Session £249
Who are the coaches?
All of our coaches are qualified NHS (HSC in NI) doctors with a broad knowledge of NHS (HSC) issues and with experience in teaching medical students and doctors.
Why Choose Kinnear Consulting?
10 years’ experience in helping candidates apply to medical school
For the past 10 years we have been providing a dedicated medical school application support service to schools and individuals in Northern Ireland.
During this time we have attracted excellent feedback from careers teachers, parents and pupils with 100% agreeing that attendance at one of our courses was worthwhile.
A number of schools have become regular repeat customers. We feel this is a good indication of the high standard of service we deliver and the high level of satisfaction our candidates experience.